Sunday, August 25, 2013

PAST, PRESENT, FUTURE

Hi everyone,

My name is Blair Sannoh. I am 19 years old and was born in Mobile, Alabama. When I was about six years old, I moved to northern Virginia and lived there for 12 years before moving to California. Growing up, I could say I had everything I needed and more. I had the latest electronics, the most expensive clothes, and my family lived in one of the most expensive neighborhoods the city had to offer. Seems nice huh? Though my family and I lived with a shiny exterior that was pleasing to the eye, the corruption on the interior was nothing more than hell itself. My mother, my sister, and I continuously suffered from infidelity, abuse, and instability from a man who was known for his honor and faithfulness. A man that portrayed a saint but was filled with wickedness. That man is my father. He took us through experiences that would break most emotionally and mentally. And eventually we did break. Not just emotionally or mentally though. He broke the unity that hung by a thread for so many years. My parents eventually got a divorce and went their separate ways. The divorce left my entire family in shambles. As for me, it left me filled with a hateful anger and scars as a constant reminder of everything I didn't want to be to be in this life. But as I went on with my life, I found someone that gives an incredible strength, peace, and love. 

Most of you might be wondering, "who is this person that he's talking about?". Well let me tell you, this person is Jesus. Before I gave my life to Jesus, I was always angry and I couldn't seem to fully recover from the internal pain I had suffered from for so long. Now that I have him in my life, I can say I live in peace from my past every day. And ever since I decided to give my life to Jesus, my life has progressed like never before. I currently serve in an active duty status with the United States Navy and I am attending my second semester of college. Though I have taken on new challenges in life, I still to this day put Jesus first in all I do. Serving him before I serve this country or myself.


In the near future, I hope to still be in school working towards an associate’s degree. I also would like to still be in the navy serving the country I love. Apart from my career, I see myself traveling all around the world and giving back to those who are less fortunate. I think it is very important to give back to those in need. I know that there are others in this world that have been through worse than what I have and I understand what it means to have that extra support and help. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Blair,
    I am so sorry to hear what you had to go through. No person so young should have to experience so much family drama. Luckily you found something that gives you reason to keep going and live for.

    Thank you for serving in the military. I know it is not an easy career and I have deep respect for everybody who decides to go this route.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blair,
    I'm so sorry to hear what you been through, I do not think anyone deserves to be treated like that, hopefully you are doing better now. I know how hard it may seem, but life will get better. It is good that you are serving in the USN and also going to classes. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you. I also thought the article was string. many facts stayed in my head from reading the article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Blair,
    I enjoyed reading your post and I am sorry for what you had to go through during your adolescence. It seems like you have learned a lot from about yourself from your past. With your positive attitude and new outlook on life you will go far. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete