Over the course of my life, I have been
through a lot. I am only 19 and I have been through a lot of trials. Though
going through those things weren't pleasant, I am happy to say that I was able
to learn from the experiences.
One thing I can say that I can I see
differently is that family will always be around. When I was younger, my mother
and father had a lot of marital issues. They were always fighting but they
would always make up. For the longest time, I always told myself there's no way
I could lose my father or mother if they decided to go their separate ways.
That was something that I took for granted. I never thought I would ever have
to go through time where I would lose of the people that raised me. Sure
enough, my parents had a huge fallout. This one was the most drastic and forced
my parents to get a divorce. Not only did my parents have spoiled relationship,
but I did as well. My father and I had very ugly falling out and it cause a
barrier to be built between us. My father I had never really had the best relationship
before but this sealed the deal.
My point is this; is that we have to learn
to cherish what we have. We don’t know what we truly have until it’s gone. We
need to be thankful and stop being so ungrateful. There are people in this
world that would’ve loved to have parents. Some have lost their parents to
death or have never even met their parents. I learned from that point on to
value everything that has been given to me. It’s even made me value my life
more than I did before.
I totally agree with you, we must love and honor our parents, despite our differences or falling outs that we may have with them. It is good that you recognize this and value what you have.
ReplyDeleteMany people do have differences with their parents but I totally agree with you. We need to honor our parents because no matter what they will always be there for us no matter what. They deserve all of our love and respect andwe need to appreciate everything they have done for us. I engaged reading your blog.
ReplyDelete