So far, this semester has been very busy for me. Not just in
class, but outside of class as well. Balancing school and work can be very
hectic at times but I have managed to keep things intact thus far.
This semester I am only taking two classes and I still feel
bombard with assignments. The classes I’m taking are math and English. I decided
to go ahead get my general studies knocked out after being indecisive in
choosing my major. I thought by taking general education this semester; I was
going to skate through. But since this semester has started, I feel like I am a
fulltime student. This semester I’ve had to bust my tail to get caught up on some
things. When I was registering for this semester, I was unable to take math 14
because of my assessment test. So I have been trying to finish the two courses
of math before it. Also English has been pretty rough. I never thought we would
be writing as much as we do. I spent countless hours trying keep up with
assignments and make sure they are quality as well.
If I didn’t work, this workload would be a breeze. But
working 45 plus hours on the graveyard shift takes its toll at times. The only
thing that keeps me going is the knowing that this will all pay off in the end.
I am a very driven person and I want to attain the best things in life. I know
that nothing in life is handed out and you have to work for what you want.
Also, I plan on having a family one day. I want to be able to take care of my
family and make sure they live a comfortable life and have an opportunity to be
somebody in life.
Blair I totally relate with you on that of juggling school and work this has been a total stressful task for me. I also agree with you on this English class although I'm a full time student and working a part time and full time job I never thought English class being that challenging. Well good luck on this semester.
ReplyDeleteFreshman year of College is one of the hardest years but it will also help you get things in order and you can understand what you are doing. Things will start to get easier just have faith and u will succeed. :)
ReplyDeleteI also have a hard time keeping up with my job and school. I also agree that the first year is pretty tough because it is for me too. Best of luck, hope things get more easier for you :)
ReplyDeleteSchool in general can be a struggle no matter the amount of classes you take due to the workloads, but you seem to pull through. It is difficult to balance school and work but you are doing a good job at trying to succeed. Keep doing what you're doing. God bless.
ReplyDelete